Subject: Re: veriexec: Incorrect access type.
To: Nino Dehne <ndehne@gmail.com>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 07/27/2005 20:10:53
On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 02:56:11AM +0200, Nino Dehne wrote:

> running a recent 3.0_BETA gives me the above warning for every shell script
> that gets executed. As per the man page and the example gen_* scripts, my
> signatures file contains all executable files with no flag and all lib*.so*
> files with the FILE flag.
>
> What's wrong?

One of two things could be wrong - either you have marked your shell
scripts as FILE which will produce that warning, or there is a bug in
the checking.  The message means that the way the file is being used
does not match the flags set in the entry in /etc/signatures.  I have
had a look at the code and I think I can see a bug in the checking
logic but I just want to confirm that you don't have your shell
scripts marked as FILE (if you used the gen_* scripts then this is
very unlikely)

> PS: The man page speaks of veriexec.conf while the rc.d script uses
> /etc/signatures.

Oops, thanks.  Will fix.

--
Brett Lymn