Subject: Re: panic in new ieee1394 code
To: KIYOHARA Takashi <kiyohara@kk.iij4u.or.jp>
From: Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
List: current-users
Date: 07/20/2005 20:40:05
Not a panic report... for me the new firewire code works
pretty well -- stable and fast. (with an external disk so far)

Only that the disk device does not detach when I disconnect it.
Is this intended? It might be a good idea to have a device
survive a temporary connection glitch, as long as it has
a worldwide unique id... But this should probably be done
at a higher layer as this is not a firewire specific issue.

Is there a reason that the fwip interfaces are attached to
the bus (ieee1394if) instead of the host interface (ohci
or the fwbus attribute)? As I see it, the network interface
is quite different from normal bus devices -- there can be
just one instance which is directly bound to the host
interface.

best regards
Matthias