Subject: Re: Need help getting Intel gigabit NIC to work
To: None <felix-netbsd@fefe.de>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/18/2005 13:56:08
felix-netbsd@fefe.de writes:

> Is there a driver for this in -current?  Or does someone have an experimental
> driver for this, maybe, that I could try?  It would be very unfortunate
> if I could not benchmark NetBSD this time.  And I can't believe that
> NetBSD does not support this chip.  Maybe a typo or omission in the
> driver, since http://www.netbsd.org/Hardware/pci.html says Intel gigabit
> NICs are supported.

It's supported in -current, by the wm(4) driver. It's just another PCI
device ID added to the driver, really, so you could just add this in
to the driver's wm_products[] array:

        { PCI_VENDOR_INTEL,     PCI_PRODUCT_INTEL_82541PI,
          "Intel i82541PI 1000BASE-T Ethernet",
          WM_T_82541_2,         WMP_F_1000T },

There have been other improvements to the wm(4) driver since 2.0,
but it looks like all the critical bug fixes for it have been pulled
up.

        - Nathan