Subject: Re: Creating LiveCD from images bigger than normal floppies
To: None <>
From: Marcin Jessa <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/17/2005 22:17:53
Hi Hubert.

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 16:18:30 +0200 (CEST)
Hubert Feyrer <> wrote:

> In article <> you wrote:
> > I put a simple howto describing both of them for i386 on:
> >
> Cool!
> With my yesterday's commit, this could even go to 1-2GB of data using a
> compressed image on the CD (which would be mounted after booting NetBSD!).
> I hope to get to importing the userland tool to do the compression soon...

What do you mean? All you need to do is to use makefs to create a file system and put it into your kernel.
Then you can compress the kernel with gzip.
Or put a custom image on the CD which you decompress after /sbin/init and mount in memory.

> FWIW I've linked your doc at

You forgot to put my name before .."has put" :)