Subject: Re: ../../../../net/files.pf:16: syntax error
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Martin Ammermueller <martin.ammermueller@bnro.de>
List: current-users
Date: 07/15/2005 15:28:48
--EVF5PPMfhYS0aIcm

Quentin Garnier wrote on 2005-07-15|10:26:
> I don't mind the fact that people use config/make depend/make, but I do
> think newcomers should get the build.sh path better advertised because
> the list of caveats for the historic path is way too long, and we get
> dozens of "error" reports each time config(1) has to be updated in
> -current.
>=20
> FWIW, I never do config/make depend/make anymore.  I find build.sh much
> more simple, because it's very easy to build for another host/arch/source
> tree that way.

I use build.sh only when updating userland. As
http://www.netbsd.org/guide/en/chap-kernel.html mentions about build.sh:
"This will perform the same steps as above, with one small difference:
before compiling, all old object files will be removed, to start with a
fresh build."

This speeds up testing of kernel options (with a stable userland, of
course).

Regards
Martin
--=20