Subject: Re: ../../../../net/files.pf:16: syntax error
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
From: Darrel <dlevitch@iglou.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/14/2005 19:14:09

>> My system is making a
>> /usr/src/tooldir.NetBSD-2.0.2_STABLE-i386/bin/nbstat
>> which does not seem like current.

> Obviously there's an error. However other than that, this case is ok. The
> tooldir's name is based on the OS RUNNING the tool, not the OS the tool is
> targeted for. So assuming your have 2.0.2_STABLE installed, you are fine.
>
> It looks like there is a different problem as well, and your build has
> problems. But that name isn't the issue.

This compiling problem might be due the failed onboard audio of the
motherboard.  I can not compile any kernel modified by
pkgsrc/sysutils/adjustkernel.  Compile fails on any NetBSD 3 or current.

I can only compile NetBSD2, so far with a purely GENERIC.
The only other hardware that I have to work with at the moment could be
one of my future projects with BSD.  Maybe the MacPPC port is more
applicable- I have not researched it yet.  First, I need to figure out
how to switch the filesystem from Debian to NetBSD, I think.  The
machine is now a triple boot Mac9, Mac10, and Debian with yaboot- but I
actually use the Open Firmware method.

Thanks for the good information.

Darrel