Subject: Re: Cross Building Current on Debian
To: None <Current-Users@netbsd.org>
From: Jens =?iso-8859-1?q?Wei=DFe?= <jens.weisse@bsd-crew.de>
List: current-users
Date: 07/12/2005 08:19:26
Am Montag, 11. Juli 2005 15:02 schrieb Jan H. van Gils:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to Cross build current on Debian GNU/Linux.
> After a checkout with cvs I try to build the tools, but it fails.
>
> Is there anyone that uses Debian to cross build and is succesfull ?
>
> Any help would be appreciated
>
> Jan

Hi Jan,

this is only an guess. You need some developer packages. Without an error
is it difficult to help.

<------- /path/to/source/usr/src/tools/compat/README  (NetBSD 2.0.1) ----->
* The gcc (and libstdc++, if needed) package must be installed, along
   with the typical system development packages (glibc-devel, etc.).
* The ncurses-devel package must be installed (for nbinfo).
* The zlib and zlib-devel packages must be installed.  This will be
  fixed in the future to include zlib in libnbcompat.
<----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Simply install following packages
$ apt-get install zlib1g zlib1g-dev libstdc++ libncurses5-dev gcc

And you must set some environment variables. At least MACHINE must set
$ export MACHINE=i386
$ export DESTDIR=/path/NetBSD/destdir
$ export RELEASEDIR=/path/NetBSD/releasedir
$ export X11SRCDIR=/path/NetBSD/usr/xsrc

$  ./build.sh -U  tools
$  ./build.sh -U -x release

Jens