Subject: Creating LiveCD from images bigger than normal floppies
To: NetBSD-embed <tech-embed@NetBSD.org>
From: Marcin Jessa <lists@yazzy.org>
List: current-users
Date: 07/07/2005 16:43:05
Hi.

I am trying to create a custom LiveCD from an image bigger than the "normal" size of either a 1200, 1440, or  a  2880  kB floppy, which is stated in man mkisofs , -b flag.
My custom image is which I normally use to dd to Compact Flash disks.
I noticed mkisofs with -no-emul-boot will not work when creating a LiveCD.
Any idea how to create a custom LiveCD with an image bigger than normal floppy images (not using grub)?

What I did:
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-2.0.2/i386/installation/floppy/boot-big.fs
mkdir test ; cp boot-big.fs test/
mkisofs -l -J -R -o cd.iso -c boot.catalog -no-emul-boot -b boot-big.fs test

Sorry for cross list emails. I wasnt sure whom to ask.

Cheers,
Marcin Jessa