Subject: acpi changes to GENERIC_LAPTOP
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 07/01/2005 15:52:04
In GENERIC_LAPTOP 1.142, some acpi options were added.  This breaks apm,
which is arguably much more valuable than acpi, given that as far as I know
suspend doesn't work yet with acpi.  (If we do want acpi on laptops, the
various acpi devices should be defined, too.)

I suggest deleting the

   acpi0                 at mainbus0

and (probably)

   options       ACPI_ACTIVATE_DEV       # If set, activate inactive devices

lines.  (Aside: I build my kernels via a #include of the GENERIC, plus
a few custom additions.  Is there any way to explicitly delete a device
from an included file -- something like 'no acpi0 at mainbus0'?