Subject: Issure 12 of the NetBSD CVS Digest it out
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Kirby <mark@coris.org.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 06/26/2005 11:42:27
News:

We are back. I have a new harddrive and all is well with the world. Turns out
only the boot sector of my disk got trashed a quick fsck and the disk is
working again. Though now it is redundant and everything is transfered to a
brand new disk.

This week:

The big news of the week is that the Google summer of code results have been
anounced.
 NetBSD has 8 soc projects ranging from filesystem support to wide curses
characters.
 Well done to those who were picked. You can read the full anouncment here.

 We now have magic symlinks [Jason R Thorpe]

 dhcp has been fixed so adding static routes results in the correct params
being pased to route [Brett Lymn]

 PR's opened this week:
     PR: 30583 sed s/PCIBIOS_FIXUP/PCI_FIXUP/
     PR: 30556 Add support for Marvell 88E1111 to makphy
     PR: 30520 Xfree86 mga driver panics the system on alpha
     PR: 30599 xdm.man contains a conflict

 PR's closed this week:
     PR: 30564 duplicated `acpi0 at mainbus0' line in amd64 GENERIC config
     PR: 1781 system-specific special expansions in symlinks.
     PR: 30539 make wtf a bit more useful: scan PKG_DBDIR
     PR: 29136 Added description for MAXFILES to options.4
     PR: 29138 memory leak in bpf.c:bpfwrite -- the EMSGSIZE case
     PR: 30583 sed s/PCIBIOS_FIXUP/PCI_FIXUP/
     PR: 30556 Add support for Marvell 88E1111 to makphy
     PR: 30599 xdm.man contains a conflict

 Imports:
     FreeBSD's net80211(9)
     FreeBSD's ath(4)