Subject: Re: binary packages any use??
To: Amadeus Stevenson <amadeus.stevenson@gmail.com>
From: Zafer Aydogan <zafer@gmx.info>
List: current-users
Date: 06/23/2005 03:53:02

jmc@faith.netbsd.org:/home/builds/ab/HEAD/sparc64/200506180000Z-obj/home/builds/ab/HEAD/src/sys/arch/sparc64/compile/GENERIC
> sparc64
>
> And have (painstakingly!) built quite a number of packages from pkgsrc.
>
> If I make binaries for them are they of any use to anyone except myself?
>
> Amadeus

No. No one except yourself.
You can built and distribute your selfmade packages yourself.
But they won't be uploaded/accepted by NetBSD.
NetBSD only accepts packages from their own developers.

Another thing is, if you have the possibility to do builk builds (building
all packages). You could offer this to NetBSD.
But I think sparc packages are crossbuild on faster machines, because
building all packages would probably take a whole century on sparc.

Zafer.