Subject: Re: How to help NetBSD help you.
To: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Marc Tooley <netbsdMLpostNO@SPAM.quake.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 06/21/2005 15:20:17
On Monday 13 June 2005 10:40, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

> We're glad to accept donations by check.  For those in countries in
> which paper checks are no longer used (e.g. much of Europe) we can
> accept funds by electronic transfer in some cases though this is
> somewhat labor- intensive for us since we must transfer the funds by
> hand from one account to another.
>
> Many people find it convenient to donate by PayPal or by credit card;
> one can donate using a credit card through PayPal and retain all
> normal credit card consumer protections.  If you dislike PayPal you
> should certainly feel free to donate using whatever other method
> seems best to you!
>
> You can get all the details you need for any alternate method of
> contribution by contacting <finance-exec@netbsd.org>.
>
> Thanks very much for considering donating to NetBSD.
>
> Thor

Hey Thor,

I wish to donate, and can give money twice a year to charities and
foundations that are registered with the IRS and give tax-deductible
receipts.

However, I unfortunately need to satisfy our accountants before I can
begin adding NetBSD to the list of organisations I donate to, and
therefore I need a Federal Tax ID, a postal address, and (helpfully) a
contact person.

I wrote to finance-exec@netbsd.org but haven't heard back yet. Ideas on
who I should talk to?

Thank you in advance. :)