Subject: Re: The NetBSD Homepage
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Stefan Schumacher <stefan@net-tex.de>
List: current-users
Date: 06/20/2005 00:42:47
--OXfL5xGRrasGEqWY

Also sprach Jan Schaumann (jschauma@netmeister.org)
> Karsten Kruse <tecneeq@tecneeq.de> wrote:
> =20
> > Seriously, i really think it is quite possible to use some css to fix at
> > least the colors. They should match the logo.
>=20
> Please post suggested stylesheets! :-)

I played a little bit with the logo-colours (0xf26711 and 0x777777)
in the index.html and don't find that colours suitable.=20

The orange is to strong and powerful to be used as the bgcolor of the
two outer tablerows (instead the currently used blue).=20
Using grey as BG and orange as font color makes the text unreadable,
so IMO some fonts might be substited. Or a lighter grey as BG and
orange as font color.

However, I made three little hacks to index.html:

http://141.44.86.77/~stefan/ofont.htm
http://141.44.86.77/~stefan/orange.htm
http://141.44.86.77/~stefan/g-o.htm

IMO the last one is the best, but I still prefer the actual design.
--=20
PGP FPR: CF74 D5F2 4871 3E5C FFFE 0130 11F4 C41E B3FB AE33
--=20
Rambo, John J. Born 7-6-47 in Boey, Arizona.
Of Indian-German descent - that's a hell of a combination.

"Rambo: First Blood Part II"

--OXfL5xGRrasGEqWY

--OXfL5xGRrasGEqWY--