Subject: Re: The NetBSD Homepage
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Sascha Retzki <sretzki@gmx.de>
List: current-users
Date: 06/14/2005 20:29:49
On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 04:57:36PM +0200, Zafer Aydogan wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I don't know what happened to the NetBSD Homepage (www.netbsd.org), but
> the Website currently looks ugly, when using the Internet Explorer as
> Browser. The Letters are somekind bold and hard to read.
> This wasn't like this before.
> Without starting an argument, about which Browser to use or not (this is
> IMHO personal), I think the Website SHOULD look fine readable, whatever
> Browser you choose.

You obviously never designed a webpage using all those "modern" stuff like
xhtml, css, $php, whatever.

> At this point, maybe I can encourage to redesign the www.netbsd.org
> Website. I think, we should have a more fresh design. By fresh I mean,
> modern, new fashioned with corporate Design. To give examples, maybe
> like www.suse.com or www.redhat.com

Without even bothering looking at those: I can look at http://www.NetBSD.org/
in links2 (graphical, links -g) and it looks the same as in fyrefawkz & co.
links/lynx in text-mode do a great job, too.
That is good webdesign.
I can encourage a design where a user recognizes: "Hey, they focus on text,
rather on flash. Maybe there are Information?"