Subject: Re: ..and use mirrors! (was Re: current anoncvs machine needs a ticket to the moon)
To: Martijn van Buul <>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/13/2005 12:07:06
On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 03:57:34PM +0000, Martijn van Buul wrote:
> It occurred to me that Peter Eisch wrote in gmane.os.netbsd.current:
> >
> > On 6/13/05 10:43 AM, "Lubomir Sedlacik" <> wrote:
> >
> >> it's called round-robin and it's a PITA with ssh keys.
> >>

> > Unless they're all configure to have the same key for 'anoncvs' I suppose.
> Which completely defies the purpose of having a host key..

No, it doesn't.  It's perfectly reasonable to use the same private key
for all providers of a single service; it then becomes a service key,
not a "host key".  You can run sshd on a separate port or address for
connections which require authentication of which machine, rather than
which service, they're connected to.

 Thor Lancelot Simon

"The inconsistency is startling, though admittedly, if consistency is to be
 abandoned or transcended, there is no problem."		- Noam Chomsky