Subject: Re: Un-unmountable partition - softdep data?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@falu.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 06/13/2005 14:52:21
On Wed 20 Apr 2005 at 11:27:33 +0200, Rhialto wrote:
> So I wonder: could there be some circular dependency in softdep data,
> perhaps caused by union mounts, that prevented the disk from being
> updated? (this is with 2.0)

On my new amd64 machine with 2.0.2, I again had a problem when
unmounting union mounts from pkg_comp. This time umount was waiting
forever in "synclk" (I think, I didn't write it down, but this name
actually exists). After that, any new unmounts hung the same way.
This time there were no softdeps turned on.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert                            --  rhialto/at/falu.nl
\X/ Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me to your .signature to help me spread!