Subject: Re: was I asleep when keyboard repeat went away in xterm?
To: Valeriy E. Ushakov <>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/12/2005 14:51:13
In message <>, "Valeriy E. Ushakov" writ
>On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 09:03:00 +1000, George Michaelson wrote:
>> > Can you try setting a different value with xset and check if that
>> > works?
>> xset q shows repeat is 'on' when I start X11. if I set repeat off, it
>> still doesn't repeat. are there fine-tune settings I should explore?
>Something like
>    $ xset r rate 300

I just installed a USB keyboard and experienced the same problem.  I
found that the default keyboard rate setting -- 660 -- seems to disable
repeat.  650 and 670 work.

No, I don't know why.  If it matters, I'm running -current with xorg.

		--Steven M. Bellovin,