Subject: Re: crashes with recent -current
To: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@netbsd.org>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/11/2005 10:14:03
On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 18:55:43 +0200
Frank van der Linden <fvdl@netbsd.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 08:23:56PM +0400, Denis Lagno wrote:
> > db{1}> bt
> > uvm_fault(0xcf9742a8, 0, 0, 1) -> 0xe
> > kernel: page fault trap, code=0
> > Faulted in DDB; continuing...
> >
> > db{1}> continue
> > uvm_fault(0xc05b6220, 0xcb8a5000, 0, 2) -> 0xe
> > kernel: page fault trap, code=0
> > Stopped in pid 5030.1 (sox) at  netbsd:memset+0x26:     movl
> > %eax,0xfffffffc( %edi,%ecx,1)
>
> Can you provide a trace as well (the 't' command in DDB)? That would
> make it much easier to spot where the problem is. You're probably
> right that it is in the audio code.

I don't know if this is related but sometimes my sound just stops dead
while playing MP3s.  The last time it stopped and started while playing
a bunch of songs and later it hung the system completely.  Yesterday it
stopped again.  This time I rebooted immediately in case it was an
indication of a hang so that I wouldn't have to do a hard boot.  This
did not happen with a kernel built April 1.  The one I have now was
built June 3.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
http://www.NetBSD.org/