Subject: Re: xdm hogging the CPU on my laptop
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@azenomei.knuffel.net>
List: current-users
Date: 06/09/2005 20:52:32
On Tue 24 May 2005 at 16:49:48 +0200, Rhialto wrote:
> Since I upgraded my laptop to 2.0.2, I sometimes notice that xdm is
> hogging the CPU (because the fan works harder). According to the one
> time I tried to ktruss it, it seems that it isn't doing any system
> calls.
>
> I tried to find something that I do that starts the problem, but the
> only thing I have been able to think of is that it happens "soon" after
> a suspend/resume cycle. I'm not even sure if it already happens after
> the "first" one.
>
> I have been working around this problem by sending a STOP signal to xdm.
> When I log out I kill and restart it.
>
> Has anyone else seen this?

This also happens with 2.0.2 on amd64.

Does really no one else see this? My configurations are different,
on the laptop xdm manages the local screen but not on the amd64...

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert                            --  rhialto/at/falu.nl
\X/ Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me to your .signature to help me spread!