Subject: Re: racoon broken by recent changes
To: Jeff <jeffi@rcn.com>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 06/07/2005 19:50:06
--7U7nS7UhGMyosb9W

On Sun, Jun 05, 2005 at 11:04:49AM -0400, Jeff wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 03:14:21PM -0400, Jeff wrote:
> > Another reply to this thread suggests that reverting to an older
> > racoon binary "works".  I tried reverting all of ipsec-tools to
> > 20050501 without success.
>=20
> Further testing has indicated that ipsec-tools/src/racoon checked out
> 20050419 works, however 20050420 does not.

Fascinating. For me, the problem appears between -D "20050508GMT" and
-D "20050509GMT".  I note that's about a week before my original post
at the top of this thread, which feels about right; certainly I had
working -current at several points between your 20050419 date and this
one, at the time.

I don't know which of several changes on 20050509 is relevant; my
first attempt to walk through them by smaller time increments during
the day produced compilation errors, and that's all I've had a chance
to investigate so far.

I also validated that the problem remains in a full rebuild of today's
current, after a couple of recent small changes, as a starting
point. Note that racoon is built against -current libipsec, etc; I
only date-walked src/racoon itself back from that point.

--
Dan.
--7U7nS7UhGMyosb9W

--7U7nS7UhGMyosb9W--