Subject: RE: What
To: '' <>
From: Keenan, Greg John (Greg)** CTR ** <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/06/2005 09:25:43
ok - I run the following and sendmail is using /etc/mail/

$ sendmail -d0.10 | grep "Conf file"
     Conf file: /etc/mail/ (default for MSP)
     Conf file: /etc/mail/ (default for MTA)
     Conf file: /etc/mail/ (selected)

Why is it when I run the following the mail is relayed via the

$ date | sendmail -v -t Connecting to via relay...

And if I force it to use /etc/mail/ it delivers via the

$ date | sendmail -C/etc/mail/ -v -t Connecting to via relay...

Both commands you have to assume are using the same so what is
the difference when I force it with the -C option?