Subject: RE: What sendmail.cf?
To: 'current-users@NetBSD.org' <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Keenan, Greg John (Greg)** CTR ** <gjkeenan@lucent.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/06/2005 09:25:43
ok - I run the following and sendmail is using /etc/mail/sendmail.cf:

$ sendmail -d0.10 | grep "Conf file"
     Conf file: /etc/mail/submit.cf (default for MSP)
     Conf file: /etc/mail/sendmail.cf (default for MTA)
     Conf file: /etc/mail/submit.cf (selected)

Why is it when I run the following the mail is relayed via the
old_smart_host:

$ date | sendmail -v -t gjkeenan@lucent.com
gjkeenan@lucent.com... Connecting to localhost.anz.lucent.com. via relay...

And if I force it to use /etc/mail/sendmail.cf it delivers via the
new_smart_host?

$ date | sendmail -C/etc/mail/sendmail.cf -v -t gjkeenan@lucent.com
gjkeenan@lucent.com... Connecting to outbound-email.lucent.com via relay...

Both commands you have to assume are using the same sendmail.cf so what is
the difference when I force it with the -C option?