Subject: Re: Broken tcsh shell globs in -current?
To: Rob Q <>
From: Tracy Di Marco White <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/04/2005 13:35:41
In message <BAY22-F16B0BC616A7C5B7A213C6DBBF90@phx.gbl>, "Rob Q" writes:
>>>   I just installed -current on my laptop and now tcsh shell globs are
>>>#csh -c 'echo a{b,c}'
>>>ab ac
>>>#tcsh -c 'echo a{b,c}'
>>Why do you think /bin/csh *is* tcsh ?
>  I took that example almost straight out of the tcsh and csh man pages.
>They are nearly
>identical in that paragraph.  Search either man page for "The metanotation".
>>Whatever it was, I think it hit around June 1st or 2nd (that's when I
>>killed my home
>If I use my dated May 25th then it works as expected.

This is also in 3.0_BETA.  My desktop, updated to 3.0_BETA a couple
weeks ago, is fine.
-r--r--r--  1 root  wheel  867137 May 21 11:32 /lib/
My laptop, updated to 3.0_BETA today, is not fine.
-r--r--r--  1 root  wheel  867141 Jun  2 22:32 /lib/

When I copy the older to my laptop, tcsh is fine again.