Subject: Re: TCP Eifel testers wanted.
To: None <,>
From: David Young <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/31/2005 17:52:41
On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 10:09:11PM +0000, Kentaro A. Kurahone wrote:
> Hello all,
>       I've updated/cleaned up the TCP Eifel code that I've had sitting around,
> and was wondering if I could get some feedback and more testing before I commit.
> What it is/what it does:
>  * Eifel detection/response algorithms. (RFC3522/RFC4015)
>  * Used the TCP timestamp option to detect reordering.
>  * Restores congestion state in case of reordering induced window shrink.
> Who will benefit:
>  * GPRS users, or others on quirky networks (Modem mayby).
>   ( cites 12% performance
>    benefit, though that's in simulation.)

My project is building a NetBSD-based multihop wireless networking testbed
that may benefit from Eifel detection & response.  Are you interested
in running trials on a wireless network?  Let me know, and I will do
what I can to get you involved.

David Young             OJC Technologies      Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933