Subject: xdm hogging the CPU on my laptop
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@azenomei.knuffel.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/24/2005 16:49:48
Since I upgraded my laptop to 2.0.2, I sometimes notice that xdm is
hogging the CPU (because the fan works harder). According to the one
time I tried to ktruss it, it seems that it isn't doing any system
calls.

I tried to find something that I do that starts the problem, but the
only thing I have been able to think of is that it happens "soon" after
a suspend/resume cycle. I'm not even sure if it already happens after
the "first" one.

I have been working around this problem by sending a STOP signal to xdm.
When I log out I kill and restart it.

Has anyone else seen this?

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert                            --  rhialto/at/falu.nl
\X/ Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me to your .signature to help me spread!