Subject: Re: Help with ALTQ and pf
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/23/2005 01:18:36
On Sun, May 22, 2005 at 01:48:06PM +0200, Peter Postma wrote:
> To my understanding, you can't use a default keep state rule when using the
> 'tos' keyword. The problem is that a state doesn't check for the tos
> value and when the tos changes to 0x08, the state for the connection already
> exists.
>
> It should work if you change the rule "pass out keep state" to
> "pass out all".

I tried that, and it didn't seem to change anything... in any case,
since you posted your ALTQ patch for -current, I decided to upgrade
and try that out. I can't tell whether it's working or not: pfctl -v
-s queue doesn't show the detailed queue stats like it did with 2.0
and the pflkm package.

vmbsd /# pfctl -v -s queue
queue low priority 3
queue std priority 7 priq( default )
queue med priority 10
queue hi priority 14
queue phone priority 15
vmbsd /#

For whatever reason, the entire body of the print_priqstats() and
print_hfscstats() functions in pfctl/pfctl_qstats.c are wrapped in an
#ifdef __OpenBSD__. Is CBQ the only scheduler supported?
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 29 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++