Subject: Re: openoffice crashes the system?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/22/2005 18:06:25
In article <x77jhrtawq.fsf@bonnet.wsrcc.com>,
	"Wolfgang S. Rupprecht" <wolfgang+gnus20050522T103732@dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com> writes:

> "Steven M. Bellovin" <smb@cs.columbia.edu> writes:
>> Several times recently, I've experienced system crashes from
>> openoffice.
>
> Not openoffice, but just plain NFS activity seems to trigger it too.
> It panic-ed or hung several times while I was attempting to cvs update
> and build the most recent kernel.  After a half dozen such crashes I
> finally managed to build yesterday evening's kernel and things seemed
> a bit better with that one.
>
> I was also in X, so I'm not sure what was on the stack when it went
> down.

I still get crashes under NetBSD 2.0.2 with heavy NFS or sometimes
only heavy local disk activity, but only on the SMP host. This has
been reported before, and I don't much new or interesting to add,
except that I can usually get a coredump by typing blind Ctl-Alt-Esc,
Ctl-Alt-F1, 'reboot 0x104'.

--
Frederick