Subject: Re: was I asleep when keyboard repeat went away in xterm?
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/20/2005 09:54:31
On Fri, May 20, 2005 at 09:23:38AM +0200, Lennart Augustsson wrote:
> Maybe it was always broken, but that the repetition in ukbd masked
> a bug in X?

Another interesting point:
In the non-repeating state, xset q says:
Keyboard Control:
  auto repeat:  on    key click percent:  0    LED mask:  00000000
  auto repeat delay:  660    repeat rate:  25
  auto repeating keys:  00ffffffdffffbbf
                        fadfffdfffdfe5ef
                        ffffffffffffffff
                        ffffffffffffffff

If I change the auto repeat delay ("xset r rate") to something
else than 660, it starts repeating, but when I change it back
to 660, it stops repeating again. E.g. all of 25 (don't try that
at home), 659, 661, 600, and 330 work, but 660 does not.

What's so special about 660?

George, do you see the same behaviour?
 Thomas