Subject: Re: netboot -- U2 -> i386
To: Andrey Petrov <>
From: John Nemeth <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/19/2005 00:47:05
On Oct 8,  5:32pm, Andrey Petrov wrote:
} On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 07:44:51PM -0700, John Nemeth wrote:
} >      Going back to the Ultra 2, I see it downloading the last part of
} > and acknowledging it.  Then nothing.  There are no more
} > packets sent, nothing printed on the screen, and I can't do Stop-A.
} > Presumably this is point where it should start to execute,
} > but instead it is locking up hard.  I have a packet dump if it is
} > needed (located at ).
} > is from
} >
} > Does anybody have any ideas?  Does anybody have a binary of the current
} > version of handy, so I can just grab the one file?
} At some point ofwboot had been changed to use dhcp first and then bootparamd,
} so if you don't have dhcpd configured and running then you'll see some delay
} [around a minute] and then you have to see bootparam used and kernel loading.
} I downloaded and tried that you mantioned and it works.

     I redownloaded just in case...

} Here's a log
} [snip]

     My system only shows:

{0} ok boot net
Boot device: /sbus/SUNW,hme@e,8c00000  File and args:

What type of system do you have and what is its configuration?

}-- End of excerpt from Andrey Petrov