Subject: netboot -- U2 -> i386
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 05/18/2005 13:58:03
     I am trying to netboot my Ultra 2 from my i386 laptop, running
2.0.2.  I'm pretty sure I have everything setup up right.  When I try
to boot the Ultra 2 it displays a message saying "Boot device: ..." and
below that is a count (presumably the number of bytes read from the
tftp server).  This count reaches 13000 and stops.  No errors are
reported on the laptop (the logs show the RARP request and a successful
TFTP request).  Using tftp on both my laptop and another i386 machine I
can read the boot file (C0A8010F symlinked to ofwboot.net)
successfully.  Does anybody have any ideas.  Are there any known issues
with tftp?  BTW, I have two processors installed if that might make a
difference.  Also, I upgraded tftpd to the latest version.