Subject: Re: racoon broken by recent changes
To: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
From: Markus W Kilbinger <mk@kilbi.de>
List: current-users
Date: 05/17/2005 13:05:11

    Daniel> I know at least one other person is seeing something
    Daniel> similar to this - anyone else?

Yep, me too!

    Daniel> Since recent changes (in the past week or so) it seems
    Daniel> racoon can no longer negotiate with previous versions of
    Daniel> itself.

In my case a formerly functioning frees/wan connection no longer
works.

    Daniel> No config has changed, but one of the peers has
    Daniel> been updated to -current (twice).

Just reverting to an older racoon binary (of May 3rd; keeping all the
other new ipsec-tools stuff unchanged) made it working again.

-> send-pr, or just waiting til further/newer ipsec-tools are
   (continuously) checked in?

Markus.