Subject: Re: LFS problems
To: Mihai CHELARU <>
From: Konrad Schroder <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/16/2005 11:27:44
On Mon, 16 May 2005, Mihai CHELARU wrote:

> Lately my LFS disk had a lot of traffic generated by lfs_cleanerd. I observed
> that running lfs_cleanerd -d gives me the following loop:

The current cleaner is a bit brain-damaged in this respect, but the new
one isn't quite ready yet.  For the time being, try running lfs_cleanerd
with "-b", so that the failure of cleaning one segment results in the
selection of another segment for cleaning (it will keep adding segments
until it has a segment's worth of bytes); or try it with "-n$N" where $N
is greater than 4 (the default when invoked from mount_lfs).

Also, make sure you are using a kernel that includes revision 1.178 of
src/sys/ufs/lfs/lfs_vfsops.c.  That revision fixes a bug that causes bad
FINFO records to be written, which can make segments uncleanable (though
there is no effect on the filesystem other than its cleanability).

Take care,
 						Konrad Schroder