Subject: Re: Making xfs (etc.) bind to localhost instead of INADDR_ANY
To: Alan Barrett <>
From: Michael-John Turner <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/16/2005 16:17:24
On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 02:56:13PM +0200, Alan Barrett wrote:
> How do I prevent xfs(1) from binding to INADDR_ANY?  I'd like it to
> listen on, not on  And similarly for other
> X applications.

Hmm... This isn't quite answering your question, but if you disable TCP
connections to xfs(1), you can still connect to it using a domain socket.
According to the manual page, adding "no-listen = tcp" to the config file
should do it. Adding "unix/:7110" to your font path should then point your
X server in its direction.

Michael-John Turner |    | Open Source in WC ZA -