Subject: Re: Tab completion in /bin/sh
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ian Zagorskih <ianzag@megasignal.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/13/2005 15:13:29
On Friday 13 May 2005 14:46, Tim Jakobsen wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Is there any ongoing development for the base ksh on NetBSD at the
> moment ?
>
> Regarding the tabcompletion in ksh I think the only thing lacking is for
> ksh to complete directories. Eg:
>
> somedir1/
> somedir1some/
>
> now when I press tab it completes to somedir1 but it never adds the "/".
> I would be nice to have ksh add the "/" when tabbing more then once.
> That is to add the "/" when the user does not adding a new character for
> ksh to complete on.
>
> Comments? ideas?

Hm, looks like for me on -current ksh adds "/" at the end of tab completed dir
name:

---cut---
$ uname -a
NetBSD IANZAG 3.99.3 NetBSD 3.99.3 (DWL-G122) #0: Fri May 13 14:25:23 NOVST
2005  ianzag@IANZAG:/home/ianzag/NetBSD/kernel/DWL-G122 i386
$ set | grep KSH
set | grep KSH
KSH_VERSION='@(#)PD KSH v5.2.14 99/07/13.2'
$ cd /
$ cd /t
[press tab]
tftpboot/  tmp/
$ cd /tmp/
Acro0006cRXX8     kde-ianzag/       ksocket-ianzag/   mc-ianzag/
$ cd /tmp/
---cut---

Or i'm missing something in your question?

// wbr