Subject: Re: cross compile userland
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@netbsd.org>
From: Justin Newcomer <liquidice5@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/13/2005 02:27:30
i ended up getting it to sorta work with=20

./build.sh -m cobalt -u distribution
(for the cross compile)

then sending the destdir.cobalt to the other machine
i built the tools, then told it to install using the -D /usr/obj/destdir.co=
balt

it worked for the most part, but for some reason alot of permissions
got screwed up,
mysql, the chrooted named and ntpd, as well as the /tmp and /usr/tmp

just thought i would thank everyone and note it in case anyone else
tried to do it and had issues

i built the sets, but wasnt exactly sure how to install them inplace
except for a manual extracting of the tgz's and I didnt know if that
would screw something up so i just worked at it till I got build.sh to
work

-justin