Subject: Option Globetrotter 3G/GPRS Quad PC card & USB drivers
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Teemu Rinta-aho <teemu@rinta-aho.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/10/2005 16:15:25
Hi all,

I got an Option Globetrotter 3G/GPRS Quad PC card, which
is essentially the same hardware as the Vodafone 3G card,
which seems to be supported by the ubsa driver in current.

This PC card has an OHCI bridge, to which is connected
a Belkin USB-serial chip, to which again is connected
the phone/modem hardware. Or so I have understood.

However this Option 3G Quad card has a different identification
bits and I added a small patch into ubsa.c and usbdevs to
make them recognize the card. However, when inserting the
card, the kernel panics.

I did a similar patch to FreeBSD 6.0-CURRENT, and there
I got the card working in both GPRS and WCDMA networks
with PPP, no problem. This lead me to the assumption
that it should work similarly in NetBSD, as the USB
stuff seems (quickly looking) quite similar in these two.

More information, including the patches, can be found at:

http://www.rinta-aho.org/docs/option3g/option.html

Any help appreciated! I'm sure this needs only a
small patch to make it work...

BR,
Teemu

--