Subject: Re: HEADS UP: ACPI-CA 20050408 imported to -current
To: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
From: Vincent <10.50@free.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 05/09/2005 12:21:37
Hi !

Thanks Quentin for summarizing all this. I've been pretty busy
elsewhere, so there is a while I havn't put my nose into acpi stuff.
Yet, on my behalf, my basic need would be to access a userland variable
capable of changing dynamically processor performance (C states and
throttling).

> Ultimately this calls for an interface design, because there
> is much more than what the processor object provides.  Support for
> _PSV in the thermal zone objects needs some kind of a bus in order
> to control the processor, for example.

Question : the ACPI tree is already written in hardware. What you
suggest is, according to what I see, like rebuilding the same tree at
another level. Is that really efficient?

Vincent