Subject: How to get compat16 working on -current (3.99.3)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Marc Tooley <netbsdMLpostNO@SPAM.quake.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 05/05/2005 12:42:56
I have installed compat16 from pkgsrc, and it includes a stdc++.so.4
which it turns out I need for a binary which was compiled (apparently)
under a sort-of hybrid NetBSD-1.6 userland but 3.99.x kernel.

The resulting binary depends on stdc++.so.4 but doesn't seem to be
picking it up from the emulation tree, regardless of whether I symlink
netbsd16 or netbsd32 into the /emul directory.

Do I really have to copy libstdc++.so.4 into my normal tree to get it
working? :) Or do I have to go bug the builder to use a 1.6 kernel?

(Or is there something else I'm missing?

Thanks in advance,
Marc
p.s. Reply to the reply-to please, which is current-users@netbsd.org,
not my From: address.