Subject: Re: trouble with 10baseT autoselect on wm0
To: Christos Zoulas <>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/27/2005 23:25:24
On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 11:08:00PM -0400, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> Please file a PR. Drivers that issue a reset to enter and exit promiscuous
> mode should be fixed where possible.

This actually causes dhclient to *crash the firmware* of some tigon2 cards
by resetting them too frequently.  Ugly, ugly, ugly.  I no longer have a ti
card to reproduce the bug for a PR, but I distinctly remember the Happy
Fun Symptom.

 Thor Lancelot Simon

"The inconsistency is startling, though admittedly, if consistency is to be
 abandoned or transcended, there is no problem."		- Noam Chomsky