Subject: Re: More on our AC'97 modem support in auich(4)
To: Jared D. McNeill <jared.mcneill@alcatel.com>
From: Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/26/2005 21:43:44
jared.mcneill@alcatel.com said:
> > The frequencies
> > [...]
> > are off by about 20%.
> Does this happen with mpg123 also?

No, not as far as I can tell. (not being blessed with absolute pitch,
but that would be a minor third... I would have noticed it)

> The hw driver is responsible for deciding which filters to use.

OK, I was hoping so... The ac97 spec recommends to write the desired
rate to the codec and read back what the codec made of it -- didn't
have the impression that it is implemented that way. (that's not
about your modem additions but a general ac97 thing)

> How loud does the modem have to be for this to work?

Don't know... I can only try-and-error here.

best regards
Matthias