Subject: Bootup freezes from install CD for -current with amd64 and i386 with
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Wouter Schoot <wouter@schoot.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/23/2005 00:41:10
Hi all,

I'm using an Asus A8V motherboard, which uses a VIA USB controller and
the install CD doesn't like it. I booted a -current disc which I
compiled myself for both i386 and amd64, and a 3BETA disc too, and all
three freeze on USB detection. It really freezes, even leaving it for 15
minutes doesn't change anything.

The keyboard locks up, even numlock isn't functioning, nor ctl-alt-esc
or ctl-alt-del. When I manually disable USB in the BIOS, the disc boots
fine, installs fine and runs OK.

When I turn USB back on at the BIOS, the freshly installed NetBSD hangs
at the same point as the CD does.

The last two lines are:
"uhci0 at pci0 dev 16 function 0: vendor 0x1106 product 0x3038 (rev. 0x81)
uhci0: interrupting at irq 11"

The full screenshot is at:
http://ascent.student.utwente.nl/~ascent/screenshot.jpg

Any idea's what I can do to make it boot ?

mvg,

Wouter

--
Er was eens een boer. Hij had 3 koeien, 2 witte en 1 witte.
Maar dat gaf niet, want de koe gaf ook niet.  De boer vond een