Subject: Re: Tab completion in /bin/sh
To: Sascha Retzki <sretzki@gmx.de>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/22/2005 12:37:36
[Thus spake Sascha Retzki ("SR: ") 3:18pm...]

SR: I think that /bin/sh is just for scripts, and root/emergancy use. OTOH, it is
SR: not statically linked and supports emacs/vi (?) editing, anyway, so "why not?".
SR:
SR: Of course it would be neat to make /bin/sh a /bin/sh and redirect users to
SR: /bin/ksh ;)

*AHEM!* or other suitable equivalent ("You want something that acts like
bash?  Build it and install it!").

SR: Just my 2 cents

I wouldn't mind seeing sh absent all the linedit cruft, myself,
dynamically linked or not [preferably not but that's me].

				--*greywolf;
--
Friends don't let friends use Windows NT.