Subject: Re: Problems with the wm driver
To: Kurt Schreiner <ks@ub.uni-mainz.de>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/22/2005 11:28:39
--IbVRjBtIbJdbeK1C

On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 06:21:59PM +0200, Kurt Schreiner wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 09:00:16AM -0700, Bill Studenmund wrote:
> > [...schnipp...]
> > =20
> > Well, they are pci1 device 1 function 0, pci2 device 1 function 0, pci2=
=20
> > device 1 function 1, and pci3 device 1 function 0. Why, without wiring =
the=20
> > motherboard down, would they be named anything differently? :-)
> Ok, they shouldn't... As I said, just some "feeling" that there may be
> a problem w/ ordering caused perhaps by wrong pci-bus- or interrupt
> assingment, as I've not come across such an allocation scheme yet...

The manufacturer probably didn't care. And they started the system up &=20
installed windows before shipping, so under Windows the naming probably=20
makes sense.

> > > I've no real data to back up what I call natural order, yust a gut
> > > feeling.
> >=20
> > I looked at the other post, and they were in the same order.
> OK, I stand corrected, will look closer next time.
>=20
> Sorry for the noise and for not beeing of any help, will shut up now ;-)

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be that grumpy. Please, keep asking questions.=
=20
The only bad question is the one unasked.

You actually did help. I didn't notice that the wm's were in the "wrong"=20
order until your note. And I suspect that Martti hadn't noticed. Thus the=
=20
"wm2" problems he's having are with the second add-in port, not the first.

Take care,

Bill

--IbVRjBtIbJdbeK1C

--IbVRjBtIbJdbeK1C--