Subject: Re: lost interrupt problems with 3.99.3
To: Phil Nelson <phil@cs.wwu.edu>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 04/22/2005 12:45:48
On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 23:31 -0700, Phil Nelson wrote:
> On Thursday 21 April 2005 11:43 am, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> > > Yes, my kernel uses acpi devices but the ioapic is commented out.
> >
> > Please enable "ioapic" and if that doesn't help MPACPI.
>
> No help.   As I remember, I had to do both to get it to compile, but I'm still
> getting all those lost interrupts.

Sorry for the late reply, Phil, I'm just getting back from vacation.

I've seen this problem with my Latitude D600 as well. It's fixed now.
Make sure you have options ACPI_PCI_FIXUP set, and don't set
ACPI_ACTIVATE_DEV. You should be good to go after that.

>From my config:
[...]
acpi0           at mainbus0
options         ACPI_HOTPLUG         # Hotplug support via ACPI
options         ACPI_PCI_FIXUP       # PCI interrupt routing via ACPI
#options        ACPI_ACTIVATE_DEV    # If set, activate inactive devices
[...]

After that the drive should work normally:
jmcneill@bucky:/export/home/jmcneill > dmesg | grep ^cd
cd0 at atapibus0 drive 0: <SONY CD-RW/DVD-ROM CRX830E, , KDK3> cdrom
removable
cd0: 32-bit data port
cd0: drive supports PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2, Ultra-DMA mode 2 (Ultra/33)
cd0(piixide0:1:0): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 2 (Ultra/33) (using
DMA)

Cheers,
Jared