Subject: Re: Making FFS fsck faster
To: James Chacon <>
From: Peter Eisch <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/20/2005 11:19:47
On 4/20/05 11:13 AM, "James Chacon" <> wrote:

> Except your whole example makes this pointless..Say it is the web root for
> a web server, or the mail spool for a mail server. Doesn't matter if the
> rest of the machine is ready, or how you tweak the boot scripts. Until that
> large partition is done fsck'ing the system is otherwise useless...

Right.  I think I was agreeing with you in that one big / (with some swap,
of course) is actually easier unless you're an aggressive sysadmin who has
the time/resources to do it classically.  I'm not saying folks can't
partition the nice, big drives that are available now, it's just more work
if it is to be done right.