Subject: Re: netbsd-3: 72 Files in DESTDIR but missing from flist.
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/18/2005 01:53:12
--0+35XlDF45POFHfm

On Sat, Apr 16, 2005 at 08:37:00AM +0000, Matthias Scheler wrote:
  | In article <d3qhn7$6ml$1@colwyn.zhadum.de>,
  | 	tron@zhadum.de (Matthias Scheler) writes:
  | > In article <Pine.GSO.4.61.0504152326500.9172@rfhpc8317>,
  | > 	Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de> writes:
  | >> Here's what I got from a "build.sh release" today - can someone plea=
se fix=20
  | >> the set lists, and/or pull up the corresponding changes?
  | >=20
  | > There are no such problem with the lists in the "netbsd-3" branch. Pl=
ease
  | > make sure your sources are uptodate e.g. use "cvs update -A -rnetbsd-=
3"
  | > in "src" and "xsrc".
  |=20
  | Looking at the list of files again I guess I know what went wrong:
  | You did *not* remove the contents of the destination directory before
  | running your build. All the files that your build complains about
  | are obsolete files which got removed recently.

If they're correctly tagged as "obsolete" in the sets lists
(as opposed to incorrectly removed from the sets lists), then
the "postinstall-fix-obsolete" operation performed by
"./build.sh distribution" (or "make distribution") will
automatically remove such obsolete files.

Cheers,
Luke.

--0+35XlDF45POFHfm

--0+35XlDF45POFHfm--