Subject: Re: build problem
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/15/2005 12:55:10
--8RsyD0KswhpoK73Z

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 06:35:43PM +0200, Jukka Salmi wrote:
  | Yes, I'm building for embedded devices. I choose to set some MK* variables
  | to 'no' because
  | - my build host is not really fast / I'm not patient enough
  | - to keep the system size small, I don't want the binaries to be linked
  |   with libraries I don't need

That's what the "USE_FOO" variables are foo.  E.g,
	USE_HESIOD=no
	USE_INET6=no
	USE_KERBEROS4=no
	USE_KERBEROS=no
	USE_PAM=no
	USE_SKEY=no
	USE_YP=no

It prevents the _use_ of those subsystems by our tools, even if the
librarires for those subsystems are built.

(I haven't recently tested all of these set to `no').

--8RsyD0KswhpoK73Z

--8RsyD0KswhpoK73Z--