Subject: SURVEY: Removal of Kerberos 4 from base
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org, tech-security@NetBSD.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Love_H=F6rnquist_=C5strand?= <lha@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/14/2005 19:32:39
--=-=-=

Hi

I've asked core for permission to remove Kerberos 4 support from current,
and thus the next upcoming netbsd major release after 3.0.  I was asked to
query our users if there was still users of the kerberos 4 code that felt
that running Kerberos 4 from pkgsrc wasn't good enough.  I promised to glue
in code in the KDC so it would still service requests to Kerberos 4
clients.

Do anyone really mind me removing Kerberos 4 from the base distribution ?

Love

--=-=-=

--=-=-=--