Subject: Re: no kerberos ticket issued at login
To: Jukka Salmi <>
From: Mihai CHELARU <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/13/2005 23:20:01
Jukka Salmi wrote:
> Mihai CHELARU --> current-users (2005-04-13 09:48:27 +0300):
>>help-request: after I updated to latest current from 2.99.14 when I
>>login to system no kerberos ticket is issued. I haven't modified
>>krb5.conf and I beleive it's related to some configuration of pam but I
>>have no idea what to do. Any clues ?
> Do you use login or a graphical display manager? Have a look at the
> corresponding files in /etc/pam.d, they should make use of
> I use Kerberos V on a current system, my /etc/pam.d is identical to
> /usr/src/etc/pam.d, and /etc/krb5.conf only contains [domain_realm]
> mappings; this works fine with both login and xdm.

I use login so here is my auth part from /etc/pam/login:

auth            required          no_warn
auth            sufficient             forwardable
auth            sufficient             no_warn
auth            sufficient             try_first_pass
auth            include         system

         default_realm = BLAH.COM
         default_etypes     = des-cbc-crc
         default_etypes_des = des-cbc-crc