Subject: wiring for pmap and panic w_copydata
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Pierrick Brossin <pierrick@bs-network.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/13/2005 16:11:04
Hi!

We have a machine that has two Xeon 3Ghz CPUs.
At first, I installed NetBSD 2.x with GENERIC kernel. I immediately
cvs'ed to 2.99.15 and installed both kernel and world. It worked
perfectly during some days. One day it started crashing 3-4 times
a day. So I took a look in the logs and I can see a lot of messages
like the following one:

pmap_unwire: wiring for pmap 0xccc29688 va 0xbd9e9000 didn't change!

Now. When the server crashes I get this:

panic: m_copydata: m==0, len 1
Stopped at netbsd: cpu_Debugger+0x4: leave

What I did for the moment is use the GENERIC kernel and I hope it won't
crash anymore.

Do you guys have an idea why it does do that?

Machines specs:

total memory = 2047 MB
cpu0: "Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.00GHz"
(normally two of them)

Best regards

-Pierrick Brossin

Analyst Programmer of the IT Department with T&I