Subject: Re: Preliminary AC'97 modem support in auich(4)
To: None <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 04/12/2005 14:25:07
On Tue, 2005-04-12 at 19:17 +0200, Matthias Drochner wrote:
> jmcneill@invisible.ca said:
> > The patch I just posted to current-users should (hopefully) solve this
>
> Thanks -- it goes off-hook now if I use
> sysctl -w hw.auich1.line1=1
> but not if I type an "atd" into the terminal at the other
> and of slmodemd.
> Might be a problem with my version of slmodemd. I'll publish
> a pkgsrc pkg for this in a minute so we can standardize on
> something.

You have it going off-hook with that patch??? YAY.

I still can't get my Conexant chip to power-up. Ready to chuck my laptop
out the window.

slmodemd doesn't actually ask the driver to take the modem off-hook
(although you can add an ioctl in the "netbsd modem driver"). The ALSA
drivers used to go off-hook when you began a capture; that's not the
approach I would like to take (an ioctl on /dev/sound seems reasonable
to me).

Can you dial with slmodemd if you first take the modem off-hook via the
sysctl then dial with slmodemd? Does any sound make it to the phone line
at all?

Cheers,
Jared